Following a car accident, you may be asking yourself, “When do I need a car wreck lawyer?”
The answer: It is always worth contacting a car accident attorney. Start by calling Figueredo Law for a free consultation. Our experienced staff will fight hard to get you the best settlement for your case.
Without a car wreck lawyer, you’re up against insurance companies that want to try to get you to settle for less than you are entitled to! Don’t let the insurance companies push you around, get the legal representation that you need before they convince you to take less than your case is worth.
In 2020, there were more than 330,000 crashes in Georgia. Of these, 1,588 were fatal accidents with 1,730 people killed. Nearly 125,000 people were recorded as injured.
This deadly trend continued in 2021. Early estimates show there were 1,776 traffic fatalities in Georgia.
Despite being the 8th most-populous state, Georgia ranks 4th for the largest number of fatal accidents.
Whether you’re involved in a car wreck, truck wreck, motorcycle wreck, or were the victim of the negligence of another driver you need an auto wreck lawyer on your side! Our experienced team of car accident lawyers will step up to bat for you against the insurance companies!
You Don’t Want to Fight The Insurance Companies Alone
Here are some of the less-than-transparent tactics that insurance companies try to use to get victims of auto accidents to accept less money than their claim is worth:
- Attempts to Minimize Injuries: Adjusters often try to claim that injuries were pre-existing, or that the treatment was excessive.
- Apology Programs: Insurance adjusters will use phrases like “we’re sorry you got hurt” to avoid directly stating blame. They will generally follow up by trying to get you to accept a settlement.
- Blaming YOU: Contributory Negligence is a concept that you want to be familiar with if you are a Georgia resident. Georgia follows comparative negligence common law and you can be held accountable for all or part of your auto accident expenses if they deem that you were partially responsible.
- Claim Delays: Insurers may attempt to delay the claims process so a lawyer cannot take your case.
- Denying Claims: Insurance companies will deny claims due to issues like policy coverage exclusions or “improper paperwork”. They use this tactic to try to make you frustrated with the process and give up the fight.
Reach Out to Figueredo Law Today
If you’ve been hit and injured by an automobile collision, you need legal representation. Call us at (770) 594-1805 for your free consultation and see why we consistently come through for our clients.